*Post contains affiliate links.
Water is the driving force of all nature. (Leonardo da Vinci)
This quote about water by Leonardo da Vinci encapsulates the true power and significance of water.
Water is essential to life.
Around 60-70 percent of the body is made up of water, with a similar amount of the planet’s surface covered by water too.
Nature needs water to live and thrive and so do we.
In fact, to function properly, human cells and organs require water. Water is also used to lubricate the joints, protect the spinal cord, regulate body temperature and help the passage of food through the intestines.
Perhaps because it’s everywhere, most people take water for granted, but water really is something to take care of and appreciate.
Here are 21 quotes about water that reflect it’s true significance and power…
21 Inspirational Quotes About Water
- Water is the driving force of all nature. Leonardo da Vinci
- Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man. Stewart Udall
- Water is being depleted many, many times faster than nature can replenish it. Maude Barlow
- Clean water, the essence of life and a birthright for everyone, must become available to all people now. Jean-Michel Cousteau
- Pure water is the world’s first and foremost medicine. Slovakian prover
- We never know the worth of water till the well is dry. Thomas Fuller
- Water is the only substance on earth that is naturally present in three different forms – as a liquid, a solid (ice) and as a gas (water vapor). Unknown
- In one drop of water are found all the secrets of the oceans. Khalil Gibran
- If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. Loren Eiseley
- Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children’s lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land. Luna Leopold
- Water is the mother of the vine, the nurse and fountain of fecundity, the adorner and refresher of the world. Charles Mackay
- Water is the lifeblood of our bodies, our economy, our nation and our well-being. Stephen Johnson
- I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man. Henry David Thoreau
- Drinking water is like washing out your insides. The water will cleanse the system, fill you up, decrease your caloric load and improve the function of all your tissues. Kevin R Stone
- Water is life’s mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
- A little water is a sea to an ant. Afghan Proverb
- When you drink the water, remember the spring. Chinese proverb
- Thousands have lived without love, not one without water. W. H. Auden
- Filthy water cannot be washed. African Proverb
- There’s plenty of water in the universe without life, but nowhere is there life without water. Sylvia A. Earle
- Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it. Lao Tzu
The Importance of Drinking Pure Water
Whilst water is essential to the health of our bodies, not all drinking water is as clean as we might expect, even in the Western world.
Contaminants such as chlorine are added by most municipal water companies, plus traces of heavy metals such as lead are common too. Exposure to these types of pollutants, long term, have been linked to a host of health ailments, from skin conditions to respiratory problems.
Using a home water filter, however, can dramatically increase the quality of your home drinking water and contribute to better health.
Here are some links to different types of water filters you may be interested in:
- 7 Glass Water Filter Pitchers That Are BPA Free
- A Guide To The Best Countertop Water Filters
- The Best Water Filters That Remove Fluoride
- A Guide To The Best Alkaline Water Filter Pitchers