Post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As well as water filters for showers, more people are seeking ways to reduce the chlorine and chloramines in their bath water.
Bath Ball & Dechlorination Tablets At A Glance:
- Rainshow’r Bath Ball Water Filter
- Vitabath Vita-C-Bath Effervescent Vitamin C Dechlorination Tablets
Research suggests that up to 60% of the chlorine that people absorb on a daily basis can come from showering and bathing, since most municipal water supplies today contain artificially added chlorine or chloramine.
Exposure to chlorine and chloramines can damage hair and skin, which are both highly absorbent. Reducing your everyday contact with these contaminants has been known to lead to improvements in hair and skin condition, as well as conditions such as:
- itchy or dry skin
- breathing conditions such as asthma.
Why Use a Bath Ball Water Filter?
Traditional types of filters, such as activated carbon block filters (like the ones used in drinking water filters ) will reduce chlorine, but they are generally limited in their effectiveness on bath and shower water, due to the fact they were designed to be used with cold water.
They are also not effective on chloramines or ‘total chlorine’, which is the type of chlorine in most water supplies (see water filters for showers for more information on ‘free’ and ‘total’ chlorine’).
It works for approximately 200 baths and contains virgin crystalline quartz, which also claims to ‘energise’ the water. In addition, the bath ball softens the water, making it easier to lather with soap or shampoo.
To use the bath ball you simply need to swirl the ball in the water for between 5 to 8 minutes, or as per the manufacturer’s instructions.The key benefits of the bath ball are:
- Removes 90% or more of total chlorine
- Reduces chloramines
- Easy to use
- Works for approximately 200 baths
- Uses replaceable media pouches
- Improves lathering with Crystalline quartz.
Using Vitamin C as a Bath Water ‘Filter’
An alternative, cost effective, option to a bath ball water filter is to use Vitamin C powder or crystals to neutralise the chlorine in your bath water.The key benefits of using Vitamin C are:
- cost effective
- will neutralise 99% of both free chlorine and chloramines
- simple to use
- no plastic ball in bath, as there is with a bath ball
- 100% food safe.
To use this option on your bath water, simply add a teaspoon of Vitamin C to your bath water and give it a few minutes to take effect.
To avoid any confusion when buying vitamin C, there are two forms of Vitamin C that will work effectively on chlorine and chloramine. These are:
- Ascorbic Vitamin C
- Sodium Ascorbate Vitamin C
Vitamin C is 100% food safe and if you’re interested in research on using Vitamin C to dechlorinate water, you can read some here.
The Vitabath chlorination tablets are another alternative to using vitamin C powder. Comprised of ascorbic acid, citric acid and sodium bicarbonate, the formula is designed to neutralize chlorine and chloramines in bath tubs. As Vitabath dissolves, the vitamin C becomes effervescent and begins to fizz.
Simply use the tablets in your bath tub as per the instructions and the tablets begin to work instantly.
The key benefits of using Vitabath Dechlorination tablets are:
- 100% Pharmaceutical Grade Vitamin C
- Totally removes chlorine and chloramines from your bath, hot tub or spa
- Meets the DE chlorination requirements of the US EPAs Clean Water Act
- 100% organic
- Environmentally safe.
Bath Ball Water Filters – Bottom Line
For a dedicated bath ball water filter that works on chlorine and chloramines, your best option is the Rainshow’r Crystal Bath Ball water filter.
MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Water Filters For The Shower: Why You Need A Vitamin C Based Filter
- What Is The Best Shower Filter? – 4 Best Selling Options
- Vita Fresh Shower Filter Review: 10 Benefits You Need To Know