When was the last time you bought bottled water? Do you even remember where you got it?
Bottled water has become such a big part of our lives that most of us never stop to question whether or not it’s safe. In fact, bottled water companies spend millions of dollars every year trying to convince us that drinking tap water is bad for us.
But here’s the thing…bottled water doesn’t taste any better than tap water. In fact, it might even be worse because it contains chemicals that make it taste better. That’s why I’m recommending that you switch over to buying filtered water jugs instead of bottled water.
You see, bottled water is just another form of plastic waste. And as we learned earlier, plastic waste is toxic to marine animals and humans alike. So if you care about the environment, then you should definitely consider switching over to buying filtered water jug filters.
I’ll tell you everything you need to know about these effective brand water filter jugs so you can buy the ones that will work best for you.
Advantages Of Water Filter Jugs
There are many advantages to using water filter jugs instead of bottled or canned water. Here are some of them:
- They’re cheaper. You can get a good quality jug for less than $10.00. This means that you won’t have to pay more money in order to drink clean water.
- They’re safer. Bottled water comes from all kinds of places. Some bottles come from China while others come from America. But no matter where they came from, they still contain harmful chemicals like BPA (Bisphenol A). These chemicals can leach into your body when you consume them.
- They’re healthier. The problem with bottled water is that it’s full of preservatives. Preservatives aren’t healthy for you. They can cause cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and other health problems.
- They’re environmentally friendly. If you want to save the planet, then you should start by saving yourself. By choosing to use water filter jugs instead, you’re helping to protect the environment.
- They’re convenient. It’s much easier to carry around a gallon of water than it is to carry around a bottle of water. Plus, there’s nothing wrong with having a few extra gallons of water on hand at all times.
- They’re reusable. Once you’ve used up the water in your jug, you can simply rinse it out and refill it again.
- They’re durable. Unlike glass bottles, which break easily, water filter jugs are made of thick plastic. This makes them very durable.
- They’re easy to clean. Since they don’t have lids, you don’t have to worry about cleaning them after each use. Just throw them away and replace them with new ones.
- They’re eco-friendly. As mentioned above, bottled water is one of the biggest contributors to pollution. Instead of contributing to this problem, you can help to solve it by using water filter jugs.
So now that you understand how great water filter jugs are, let’s look at some of the top brands available today.
Disadvantages Of Water Filter Jugs
The main disadvantage is that you need to keep refilling the jug if you consume a lot of water.
My Favourite Brands for water filter jugs
Here are my favorite choices for the best Glass Water Filter Pitchers and Jugs. There are plenty of options available, but these are the ones that I recommend.
- Invigorated Water
- LifeStraw Home Glass Water Filter Jug
- Aquaphor Onyx White Premium Filter Jug
- pH Renew Glass Alkaline Water Pitcher Jug
- Puro Glass Water Filter Pitcher
Do Water Filter Jugs work and How?
Now that you know what water filter jugs are and why they’re better than bottled water, it’s time to find out whether or not they actually work.
The short answer is yes! In fact, most people who switch over to drinking water from filter jugs end up loving it.
A water filter jug works by trapping contaminants in its built-in filter. You simply fill it up with tap water and let it sit until the water runs clear. Then you can drink or use the water without any worries about harmful chemicals.
Filters come in two types: activated carbon filters and reverse osmosis filters. Activated carbon filters remove bad tastes and odors, while reverse osmosis filters remove impurities like lead and mercury. Both types of filters are great for removing chlorine and lime scale build up.
How to Clean Water Filter Pitchers?
To clean a filter, simply run hot water through it. Hot water helps loosen any buildup and rinse away dirt. You should change filters every six months or after using them for two weeks.
Is a water filter pitcher better than bottled water?
Yes! Bottled water has preservatives added to prevent bacteria growth. These preservatives aren’t good for you. Also, A water filter jug is more convenient because you don’t have to go to the store to buy bottled water. Plastic water bottles are one of the biggest sources of plastic waste, but you can easily avoid using them by switching to reusable pitchers instead.
The water filter jug is an essential part of every household. It helps us stay hydrated while keeping our home clean.
However, when choosing a brand, it is important to consider what features are most important to you. In this article, we mentioned the top five brands of water filters available today. This way, you can choose the best water filter jug brand for your family.